Happy 4th of July and happy birthday to my favorite country! 🙂 Hope everyone’s day is filled with lots of sunshine and celebration! I’ll be spending the day in Charleston — my favorite place second only to Raleigh!
As I prepare for all the crazy stuff happening in July, I’m taking a look back at my June goals. Here’s how I did:
Join a gym(Check! Joined my local YMCA and I am loving it!) Go to the gym at least three times a week(I’m going to half-check this one. I did make it to the gym 2-3 times per week all month though, so that’s definitely a start!)
- Start working in my Write the Word Journal from the Cultivate What Matters Shop (Unfortunately I can’t check this one off; I am hoping to start on this item this month!)
Deposit $500 into the wedding account(Check! I was able to deposit money that would have gone towards rent into the wedding account! Stephen and I have agreed to deposit the same amount of our own money into the wedding account each month.) Send out invitations for a sweet friend’s bridal shower(Check! That shower will be happening this month and I can’t wait!)
- Start reading The Meaning of Marriage with Stephen (This one was a ‘no’ as well. It proved to be too difficult to coordinate our schedules. I am looking forward to completing this goal in July!)
Read one book for fun(Okay, I am going to check this goal off even though I am only 200 pages or so in. That counts, right??)
I haven’t been at this for long but I am loving writing all my goals down and checking back on them at the end of the month. I find holding myself accountable for my goals so valuable. I think it’s so important to always find yourself working towards something; it keeps you grounded and keeps you focused on working towards growth instead of achieving total perfection (which is obviously impossible!).
With that being said, here are my goals for July:
- Start working in my Write the Word Journal from the Cultivate What Matters Shop
- Start reading The Meaning of Marriage with Stephen
- Attend our first premarital counseling session with my sweet Granddaddy (SO excited for this one!)
- Start student teaching
- Schedule meetings with my rental company and florist for next month
- Finish a book for fun
- Deposit $700 of my own money into the wedding account
- Throw an amazing bridal shower for one of my bridesmaids!
I am looking so forward to July and achieving all of these goals! I’d love to hear about your July goals while you’re here!
Thanks for stopping by!