Happy, happy August, friends! I am thrilled because August is one month closer to fall and I am SO ready for some cooler weather! It also means that as of Saturday, our wedding is officially less than 9 months away!!! July was a huge month for both me and Stephen! First of all, I have to brag on him because he is officially Stephen Spivey, Certified Public Accountant! And yes, he IS still in law school and working this summer. I seriously could not be more proud of him. He works so hard and it shows constantly! I have started a new school year with 19 new Kindergarteners and we are off to a great start! I am student teaching while still maintaining my responsibilities as a TA while also enrolled as a graduate student — this semester is about to be a wild ride but I am ready for it! We also attended our first premarital counseling session with my Granddaddy which was so special! He shared with us the first piece of scripture that he’ll be using for our ceremony as well as some things we can be working on as we prepare for our marriage in order to keep our relationship strong from the start! He and my Mimi have been happily married for over 60 years and are the perfect example of what marriage should look like!
While July was a big month, we are not showing any signs of slowing down in August. Here’s what I’m hoping to achieve this month:
- Continue supporting Stephen wholeheartedly through allll the interviewing he’s going to be doing over the next several weeks
- Jump right into student teaching full time, preparing my lesson plans a week in advance
- Attend my first dress fitting!
- Officially book my venue for my bridal portraits (in Charleston!!!)
- Schedule at least two tutoring sessions (I’ve been tutoring on the side for extra money to add to the wedding account!)
- Study for and take my licensure tests (omg)
- Do a total closet clean out
- Get my oil changed and have my brakes replaced (least favorite part of being an adult)
I can’t believe how quickly this last year of our engagement is flying by. I have been planning like crazy for the last 14 months but am already feeling the pressure! We have a lot of big wedding things planned for the next couple of months (including one day spent with my amazing planner where basically the rest of our BIG decisions are going to be made in September) and I can’t wait to share more with y’all soon!
Thanks for stopping by!